The major goals of our health program are:
• to assure access to primary health care.
• to provide a system for dealing with crisis medical situations.
• to provide mandated screening and immunization monitoring.
• to provide systems for identification and solution of students' health concerns.
• to promote comprehensive and appropriate health education.
• to promote a healthful and safe school environment that facilitates learning.
• to provide a system of evaluation of the effectiveness of the school health program.
It is the goal of Health Services to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment for all students. We ask that parents keep us informed of any health condition, which may result in an emergency or require our assistance during the school day. We are happy to assist students and their families in planning and/or making classroom accommodations as needed.
Students who become ill during the school day should report to the health office for assistance. Health office staff will contact a parent/guardian if the student needs to be released from school.
To reach Coordinator Mitzi Girtler, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information can be found on the MN Department of Health Web site at: http://www.health.state.mn.us/index.html
|Contact: Mitzi Girtler, RN, MSN, Coordinator|