|Elementary School Transportation
Winona Area Public Schools have elementary school attendance boundaries established. Students attending WK, Jefferson, Madison, Rollingstone, and Goodview must live over one mile from school and live or attend daycare in the respective attendance area. The district does not transport students to households or daycare outside of the attendance area for these schools and are allowed ONE pick up and ONE drop off location which is the same everyday, except if listed in and IEP or other legal court documents. To find your school of attendance by address, please click on the "Find my School of Attendance" link on the menu bar to the right or call the transportation office with any questions.
Students attending non public, charter, Jefferson STEM and Madison SLIP are allowed transportation across attendance area boundaries, but are still allowed only ONE pick up and ONE drop off location which is the same everyday. Exceptions may be granted if listed in and IEP or other legal court documents.
Winona Middle School and Winona Senior High School Transportation
Winona Middle School and Winona Senior High students do not have attendance area boundaries, but are only allowed ONE pick up and ONE drop off location which is the same everyday, except if listed in and IEP or other legal court documents.
Important Information for All Parents
- All students must complete a Transportation Registration Form annually to be assigned to a bus route.
- All change requests must be completed through the use of the Transportation Registration Form. Please contact your student's school of attendance to update addresses and contact information.
- The District provides transportation for students from home to school and school to home.
- This may include morning daycare pickups and afternoon daycare drop offs and must be consistent everyday.
- This may include accommodations for students with two homes.
- Students are only allowed to ride the bus to which they are assigned.
- The Winona Area Public Schools Board of Education operates a two-tier bus system which means that many busses will be assigned to double routes. Busses will pick up students for elementary and other schools on an early tier. Then once finished with those routes, proceed to their second tier of middle school and high schools to deliver those students to school using the same bus resource and driver. The result of structuring a transportation system this way is to optimize bus and driver utilization, thus reducing the number of busses required to transport students to school. Because fewer busses and drivers are needed, this directly translates into cost savings for the district.
ACCOMMODATIONS WILL NOT BE MADE FOR:
- Busses are full and have little room for variations in student passengers.
- Busses need to keep as close to their schedule as possible. Please be ready and to your stop 5 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- Written notes from home and given to the bus drivers are not acceptable. To safely process these alternate transportation requests, all requests need to be completed on the transportation registration form. Changes requested will be processed within 2-3 days. This allows us the proper time to communicate to our bus company and drivers the changes and ensure the safety of our passengers.
- Birthday Parties
- Appointments (dental/medical/hair/etc.)
- After School (Non-School) Activities (bowling, adventure club, piano lessons, religion)